Monday, January 17, 2011

I owe....I owe.....its off to work I go...........

Have you ever just had to go to work? I think all of us have at one point or another. I have found it to be extremely difficult and heart breaking to go back to work since the birth of our daughter. We are in extreme need of an extra income in our household but we seem to make it through with my husband's income and the short bursts of work I have contributed. I have been home the majority of the time but there have been a couple...a few...okay... a lot of jobs I have taken to see if they were a good fit for me as a new mom. I have never wanted my child to be in a daycare for 10 hours a day 5 days a week. I know some people have no choice and some people do not mind. That is their life. I have a strong desire to be with my daughter and will do most anything to be able to do so. I have worked in several jobs that  were well below my desired income level, education level, experience level and not the most desired hours in order to be with my daughter. Recently I have made the choice not to accept a position I would love to have that is actually been a goal of mine to obtain simply because I would have to keep my child in daycare 50 or more hours per week. I am sure there are other mom and dads that have this same concern. I would love to hear your opinion on this situation.

1 comment: